Behavioral Health Center at Porter Health Village – Opening 2024
Norman Regional Health System and Oceans Healthcare have partnered to expand access to behavioral health services in south central Oklahoma through the construction of a new, state-of-the-art behavioral hospital.
Behavioral Health Center at Porter Health Village, a 48-bed facility, will more than double Norman Regional Health System’s inpatient capacity for adult and senior behavioral health patients and add new services, including an intensive outpatient program and a dedicated geriatric behavioral health unit. The freestanding hospital will be located on the Norman Regional Porter campus and replace the existing 20-bed behavioral health unit.
Patients will receive comprehensive behavioral health treatment including:
- Program oversight by Board-certified or Board-eligible psychiatrists
- Daily monitoring by clinical staff
- Mental health education
- Medication education and management
- Diagnosis and symptom education
- Daily monitoring with medical physician oversight
- Caregiver and/or family therapy options
- Supportive discharge planning
The hospital will feature modern amenities, spacious patient areas and other comforts that promote healing. Whether experiencing depression and anxiety or another behavioral health concern complicated by a dual diagnosis, every patient will receive care with dignity and respect.