Adolescents deserve special attention. Our program for ages 12 to 17 is based on the strong belief that mental health treatment is not one-size-fits-all and the best care for teens and pre-teens differs from treatment for adults. By treating this age group separately, we give them the individualized attention they need.
The Oceans Experience
Oceans’ inpatient programs support adolescents in a structured environment with positive reinforcement and skill building. Specialized treatment plans include individual, group and family therapy, as well as therapeutic recreational activities.
Some locations also offer an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) and a Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) for adolescents needing part-time therapy. For students requiring the structured environment of a typical school day, these options offer a daily routine built around each individual’s needs, providing a consistent schedule while students are out of school.
Adolescent Program Features
- Age-appropriate inpatient and Intensive Outpatient Program options
- Safe, compassionate environment for treatment
- Program oversight by board-certified or board-eligible psychiatrists
- Individual, family and group therapy options incorporating expressive arts and mindfulness
- Trauma therapy that involves understanding, recognizing and responding to all types of trauma
- Skill groups focusing on self-regulation strategies
- Chemical dependency and recovery education therapy
- Education to help understand diagnosis and symptoms
- Regular meetings with physician
- Medication education and management
- Tools to support ongoing symptom management and overall well-being