If you’re struggling with mental health challenges that are impacting your daily life, finding treatment options are an important first step, but it can intimidating. If you’re questioning whether mental health care is the right choice for you, consider some of these signs it’s time to talk to a doctor:
- Social withdrawal
- Memory loss
- Extreme changes in mood
- Changes in eating or sleeping habits
- Trouble coping with daily stress
When deciding on the right mental health treatment, it’s important to consider all options. Some individuals benefit from in-hospital care while others appreciate the flexibility of outpatient sessions. Each program offers its own benefits and it’s important to be aware of these features to make the best choice for your care or the care of a loved one.
Here are some benefits of inpatient care that may help with your treatment decision:
1. Distance from triggers. With in-person treatment programs, recovery is the main priority. Patients have time to step away from responsibilities and stressors to recuperate and focus on treatment. For many individuals living with mental health conditions, time away from people, environments and other triggering factors provides the opportunity to practice healthy coping mechanisms.
2. Monitoring to ensure overall wellness. To promote effective recovery, patients should receive individualized attention and medical oversight from a physician to ensure overall health and well-being. Inpatient treatment programs at Ocean Behavioral Hospital offer personalized treatment plans for each patient and daily monitoring. Clinical care teams closely observe individual progress, conduct daily group therapy sessions and help manage medication.
3. Support for patients experiencing acute mental illness or at risk of harm. Inpatient treatment programs provide 24/7 support. This is especially helpful for those experiencing severe challenges or are at risk of endangering themselves. Inpatient therapy also provides daily individual or group therapies, offering a constant emotional outlet for those with acute mental health struggles.
4. Discharge planning and continued treatment options. When it’s time for discharge, patients should leave their inpatient facility feeling prepared for the next step. At Oceans, our care teams ensure healing continues. We work closely with a patient’s caregivers and primary care provider to ensure the care plan will be continued at home or in an outpatient setting. Our teams can also make recommendations for ongoing outpatient or step-down care through an Intensive Outpatient Program.
Oceans Healthcare offers inpatient treatment programs for adolescents, adults and seniors and provides treatment tailored to each person’s diagnosis. Our inpatient programs help patients attain the best possible quality of life through individual and group therapies, mental health education and management of co-occurring medical conditions.