Responsibilities: Essential Functions
- Applicants with Activity Director Certificate are welcome to apply for this position.
- Prefer three (3) years experience clinical practice in inpatient acute care and one-year supervisory experience.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to any age--related disability--related needs of the patients served on assignment. Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the patient population served.
- Must be able to assess and interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s needs and provide the appropriate care, including age related care/disability/cultural sensitivity related care to adolescent, chronically mentally ill, adult, geriatric, chemically dependent, and dually diagnosed patient populations.
- Must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of mental illness and chemical dependency and the family dynamics, which accompany them. Must have basic knowledge of chronic mental illness. Must have in-depth knowledge of clinical therapy modalities. Must have excellent communication and group/process skills as related to age specific patient needs.
Qualifications: Experience Desired
Bachelor's degree and CTRS license and maintain yearly certification.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of clinical therapy modalities. Must have excellent communication and group/process skills as related to age specific patient needs.
- Must be versatile, flexible, and able to perform in stressful situations. Must have good time and organizational skills. Must be capable of coordinating multi-faceted workload. Must be able to work with an array of mental/physical-disabled persons.
- Must have a valid Driver's License. CPI and CPR certified.