Responsibilities: Essential Functions
- The Registered Nurse, (RN), assumes primary leadership accountability and responsibility for milieu management as well as directing patient care activities of other nursing staff.
- The RN maintains standards of professional nursing practice in accordance with facility policy and procedures, other external governing and credentialing bodies, performance improvement standards, and psychiatric nursing standards.
- The RN assesses the patient utilizing the nursing process to formulate an individualized plan of care for each patient, implements interventions, and evaluates outcomes consistent with policy and appropriate to the current client’s condition; which promote, maintain, and restore physical and mental health, and prevent illness.
- The RN interprets age/disability specific information in response to client population served.
- The RN provides for the safe delivery of medication in accordance with the policies and procedures, physicians orders and/or current practice.
- The RN is responsible for thorough, accurate reporting and documentation of the patient’s symptoms, responses and progress.
- The RN assumes responsibility for professional development, continuing education and maintaining licensure. All duties to be done in accordance with Joint Commission, Federal and State regulations, Oceans Behavioral Mission, policies and procedures and PI Standards.
Qualifications: Experience Desired
- Prefer experience in health care environment.
- Minimum Associates Degree in Nursing. Current license to practice as an RN in Louisiana.
- Prefer that staff nurses have at least 1 year nursing experience prior to hire. Psychiatric nursing experience preferred but not required.
- Must have a valid Driver's License. State of Louisiana licensure as an RN. Shall be able to maintain CEU requirements to renew licensure, CPI and CPR certifications and complete other educational requests as assigned and/or needed to increase skill level.